The BWI Flash Fiction Competition (FF) this month (June) is for a story of up to 246 words (NOT including the title) using this picture as the theme or prompt. Okay, so I don’t know how to put a picture in here – it was a picture of an empty glass jar on a sandy beach at dawn or dusk with gentle waves in the background. Use that mental image as your theme/prompt.
I was feeling a little whimsical when I wrote this 😊
Entries close at 11.59pm on Thursday 20th June.
- Times New Roman 12pt (most measurements are Roman)
- Single line spacing (double is too much
- Must have a title or it will be rejected (I need to know)
- Current BWI member (it’s only fair)
- One entry each (unless there are extraordinary extenuating circumstances)
- Submit as a ‘word file’ (others are messy)
- All conditions must be adhered to – e.g. not even one word over 246 (discipline!)
Judging may be moderated by non-entering member readers. The winner will be announced at our Members’ Night on 26th June (all being well)
Your entry must be sent as an attachment to an email file. In the email make sure to include your name, the title of your entry, and the word count of your entry.
Submit your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org